Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I hab a code.....and a felted moebius bowl

I keep reading on everyone's blog and hearing from my friends that they have all had colds or flu. Lucky me---I didn't catch it----until yesterday....Uggghhh..... I've had a sore throat since yesterday and am all stubbed ub. Yuck! I'm not feeling up to doing much creative blogging, so I'll return when I'm feeling human again. Rachel tagged me last week for "6 weird things about me," but I can't really think of anything right now, even weird things about me. So, I'll leave that one for after I'm feeling better.

For now, here's a felted moebius bowl I finished last week. I really love the color---reminds me of the beach and beach glass, so I have officially named it "Beach Blue Bowl." I know, very original....but what do you want from someone with a clogged brain?


Anyway, this bowl was very fun to knit. It's made from Fleece Artist wool, by knitting a moebius strip with a I-cord bind-off. Then all of the stitches along the edge of the moebius strip are picked up under the I-cord, and the basket portion of the form is knit. The pattern is from "A Second Treasury...." by Cat Bordhi. If you have never checked out this book, I highly suggest you do! Lots of fun, creative projects.
The only modification I made to the pattern was to leave off the felted fringe around the bottom edge of the rim---I thought the color of the bowl should be the main focus since the color is so brilliant, and that the fringe would detract and not look great in this color.
Of course, I had to get a cold right before I'm going to spend a couple of days at The Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat later this week. (I'm sure my fellow retreat class members are going to LOVE having me around.....with my blankie and box of tissues in tow!) Not to mention taking an all day class when I feel like crap. Hopefully a couple of days will make a difference. Besides, the registration was a little too pricey to cancel the class!
I'm going to have fun if it kills me!
>^oo^< >^--^<