Thursday, October 26, 2006

Still lookin' for my fall knitting mojo....

It seems that my "fall is here, it's time to get knitting!" energy has not quite hit yet. I've been working on a few projects....a little bit....but my poor Socktoberfest socks have fallen sadly behind the pack---not much progress on those poor babies.

I have, however, been outdoors a bit, enjoying the last few days without rain in Seattle. A couple of weeks ago drove up to Stevens pass to try to catch some fall colors. Here's some distant color on the side of a mountain---looked like a fall carpet.


Last weekend, took a drive to Kayak Point State Park in Skagit County. It was one of the last beautiful, sunny, crisp days! Is this a great sky, or what? And the water looked like glass.....


Checked out what the fishermen were catching on the pier, and hung out with the seagulls...

As for my knitting.....seems I've been having a little trouble concentrating on other projects the last couple of weeks, so decided to try something fun that I've been wanting to knit for a while....a Ballband dishcloth! Here's my first one...

Here's another view....sorry for the poor picture quality....

Okay, so now I've gone and gotten obsessed with Ballband dishcloths! If you haven't made one, they are really fun to knit. The pattern just sort of grabs on to ya....and it's fun to see the sort of 3-D effect emerge as you knit along!

Since Halloween is my favorite, pressure-free holiday, I've already started another one in black & orange! Hmmmmm.....seems like I'm feeling a little knitting energy coming on!.....baby steps!....Now, about those neglected socks,... scarves, shawls, slippers......:)

>^,,^< >^,,^<