Thursday, May 31, 2007

Parting shots

I couldn't leave on vacation without posting a little knitting content and pics, now could I?

Here's a little present I made up to take to someone on my trip. It's a flower petal face cloth from the book, Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick, knit up in rose-colored Crystal Palace chenille. (This book is a few years old, but I still love knitting projects from it.) I wrapped the petals of the cloth up and around a bottle of shower gel, and tied with a ribbon. The shape it formed sort of reminds me of a vintage perfume bottle. It looks cute from the top, also---The bunched petals look like a bloom, and the bottle lid forms a flower center.



Here's a dishcloth I started while on the road for the LYS Tour.


I love the feel of garter stitch dischloths---very cushy and soft! This pattern breaks up the pooling that sometimes happens with the variegated cotton as well. It's really a fun and quick knit and I love the picot edges. Making those picots is sort of addictive!


The pattern is called "Nubbins Dishcloth" and can be found here. This one is knit from SnC in the Summerset colorway. I love the colors---very summery!

I was out in my back "yard" (a rim of about 6 feet around the perimeter of my townhouse...) this morning, and there is a fabulous and huge rhodedendron bush that displays flowers up over the fence. I don't know how old this rhody is, but it is seriously about the size of a VW Beetle, and the flowers are about the size of my head! The blooms are starting to fade, but it was such a sunny morning, I had to get a couple of pics....




Have a great weekend!! :)