Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Random things and an anniversary celebrated


Thanks to G-girl and Sue, I have to attempt, in list form, to be more random than I already am. Having tried and failed to think of what to use for the list, I guess I will just have to try to do this free association style---I'll just start with #1 and hope I can make it to #8 before I delete the whole post. I really hate listing stuff about "myself." For some reason, making public lists about myself gives me the same feeling as that moment when you realize that you've been walking around the mall with your skirt tucked into the back of your pantyhose, and you left the restroom 6 stores ago... Hey! I guess that would be a great random thing to list for #1!! I have no idea what the rest will be, but here goes.....

1. Making public lists about myself gives me the same feeling as.....(see above).
2. I played the clarinet in band from the 4th grade through freshman year in high school and was in marching band for one year. After that, I realized that marching around in a wool suit with a thick plastic overlay and a huge furry hat on hot, sunny days was not as fun as it seemed when I joined, thus ending my clarinet-playing career.
3. I hate to get sweaty (refer to aforementioned band uniform) and will knock people over in doorways to get into an air-conditioned building if it's over 80 degrees outside.
4. Clowns creep me out, as well as people dressed in big hairy mascot costumes. I once totally confused the "Mariner Moose" when he snuck up in back of me at Safeco Field, and I ran away squealing and jumping around to get away from him. He couldn't understand why I didn't want to hug his faux-furry ass!
5. I love road trips! If you start any statement with, "Do you feel like driving with me up to...?" you don't even have to finish the question. I'm in! I especially love to drive to places I've never been before, and stop at all of the little strange places seen on the side of the road along the way.
6. Did I already mention that I hate listing stuff about myself? Yes? Oh, alright.....
6. I like office supplies----pens, highlighter pens, notebooks, neon index cards, black paper with colored gel pens, highlighter tape (my latest find), colored staples, etc.---you get the picture. I may already have 37 highlighter pens, but if I go to Office Max and see a new neon color or shape---it's mine. Do I use highlighter pens? Seldom. It's left over from my recent 8-year return-to-college trauma. I tried to make it fun where I could, and new pens and colorful highlighters made the classes seem more bearable somehow. Don't ask.
7. I like to do origami. I learned to do it before I learned how to knit or crochet. I also used it to survive interminably long, boring lectures. It's fun and satisfying in a papery kind of way. And it also involves pretty colored papers that I can collect in excess (see #6 above).
8. Oh, and here's a surprise---when there's something I like, I collect it in quantities that far exceed any hopes of ever using it up. I have a lovely and large collection of origami papers, imported and domestic. Love to read---tons of books. Learned to knit and loved it......uh oh! Let's just say I'm a slow knitter and I have a sizable stash! You never know, I might be totally bored for a long period of time and need to make 7,000 origami swans, or highlight pages of massive tomes, or knit 40 pairs of socks. I'm just saying, I'm prepared.


Thank God that's over with. Done. And now for the small print and cruelty portions of the meme. I must state the rules on my blog, and select the lucky winners to tag. I probably don't have 8, but I'll get as close as I can....


Rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Tag, you're it: Ginger, Emma, Rachel, Kathleen, Kittymommy and Hakucho.


Yesterday was my and cute hubby's 4th wedding anniversary. Even though we had agreed to a "no gifts or cards necessary" anniversary this year due to upcoming expensive vacation, he came home early from work bearing beautiful flowers, a pretty anniversary balloon and a lovely card. He is so cute, I could just kiss him---which I often do! So like him to be extra sweet when I least expect it!

We also went to Seattle for a great steak dinner at the Metropolitan Grill. It was about 75-80 degrees here yesterday (rare in spring), and the freeway drive was free and clear to Seattle---during rush hour---a real rarity!! We had a fun anniversary, and toasted with a Black Pearl Cosmopolitan (me) and a Widmere Hefeweizen (him).

All in all, a really great anniversary day! I love my husband more than I can say---he is my best friend and is always there to make the bad stuff better, and to make the good stuff more fun! We also share lots of laughter and silliness, which makes me love him even more!


If you are still with me at the end of this long post, thanks for sticking around! Next time I will have a little yarn puzzle for you.