Sunday, May 20, 2007

LYS Tour - Day Three

Subtitle: OMG, I really made it to all 20 stores!!!

That's right! I made it to the final three stores on the tour list today, and finished 5 full hours before the official end! I had my doubts at a couple of points that I could get to all of them on time, but the fates were in my favor and all worked out to finish on time! After yesterday's marathon trip, I slept in a little this morning since I only had the final three stores to go to and they are all in the Seattle area. So I got all 20 of those stamps in my tour book and turned it in for the official drawing to win a $400 LYS gift certificate. Send some positive energy this way to help me win that drawing!

The three stores that were left to go to today are all stores I have been to many times and go to on a fairly regular basis. It was nice to have some time at each of these stores today to actually relax and spend some browsing time without having to rush off to the next one in a hurry!

Today's recap: 45 miles and three stores visited, in only a single county. A snap!

For the three days of the tour, approximately 400 miles traveled, which does not include the miles covered on water by the two ferry trips. If traveled in a straight line, that mileage could have put me two states away into Northern California! However, I doubt I would have been able to accumulate even a tiny portion of the yarn motherload acquired on my travels this weekend!

Here's the stores visited today, and their free patterns offered:
  • The Fiber Gallery, North Seattle - "Terra Bear," a felted teddy bear knit with Ecological Wool (no purchase here)
  • Hilltop Yarn, Seattle - Choice of four shop patterns (2 hats, a neck warmer and a kitty kick toy made with hemp) Did not purchase yarn for patterns, but got some Rowan DK cotton to make some beaded sachets, and some Shibui sock yarn in bright pink and lime green.
  • So Much Yarn, Seattle - Choice of top-down baby sweater, or a one-skein wrap made with a yarn that cost $50 for a single skein (so I passed on that one). I did purchase some Panda cotton in a color I've been searching for forever, and a skein of MegaBoot Stretch. (I know I bought some of that on the tour already, but I had a full punch card worth $20, and what better to spend it on than more sock yarn!

After that, I stopped again at VY&T on my way home, where I capped off the weekend with a skein of Sea Silk for a wrap I want to knit on vacation in a couple of weeks.

I will try to gather up all of the booty I acquired and take some pictures, when I'm sure that I won't have an anxiety attack over how much I spent when I see it gathered in one place! This yarn tour weekend has made it abundantly clear to me that I have absolutely NO self-control in the face of three full days of endless variety, types and colors of gorgeous yarns! I'm not quite sure what to to about it except stay out of yarn stores, but we all know that's not going to happen. I guess I'll just have to take my addiction problem one day at a time and hope I don't make myself homeless from the spending. But I would have all that wool to keep me warm, right? Justification is a skill, people!

So now I'm off to flop on the sofa and knit, rather than shop. Sounds nice. Maybe I'll throw a nap in there for good measure...

>^--^< ....Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...