Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sheep and alpacas and goats, oh my!

I'm so excited! Leaving for a long weekend trip to Portland tomorrow, to celebrate my upcoming **th birthday. (** = a decade marker too hard for me to admit to yet...). While I'm there, I'm going to drag poor cute husband to the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival in Canby, OR. I love the smell of fresh roving in the morning!

There will be all kinds of vendors (selling hand-spun, hand-dyed yarns....oh, yeah!), and all types of demos on spinning, weaving, raising fleece animals, and other things fibery. I've never been to one of these events before, so I'm hoping it will be fun....and,...um....not too wallet-denting, if ya know what I mean....

I'll let you know about it when I return. Gee, I hope the fumes of all of that gorgeous, hand-dyed wool don't overcome me and cause me to buy more than I should----(insert evil laugh)---

ps---Thanks and hugs to Rachel for her help! :) (she knows what I mean....). Check out her blog and look at her impeccable knitting.

>^..^< >^..^<