Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Anyone got the classifieds...or a blessed icon handy...?

Here's another scintillating post about my current state of unhealth (I knew you were waiting...:). I finally got sick enough to require staying home for the past two days. I was hacking and running so badly, I would have sent every human with half a brain screaming from the building at work when I got there. I really wanted to go in, but waaaaay too sick to even attempt it.
So, let's see here......out sick for two days, in the second week of a new job, right smack in the middle of a 5-week training class period. Hmmmmmm.

Anyone want to place any bets on if I'll still be employed there when I return? Heck, I would fire me! Even though I know it's one of those things not under my control, employers really have no sense of humor about these things sometimes. Actually, I really don't want to lose this new job---I think I may kind of like it.

We'll see what happens when I go skulking back in with my tail between my legs tomorrow (hopefully). I just hope I don't piddle on the floor when the supervisor yells at me and shakes the rolled-up orientation book at me! I hate it when I do that!

Just so reading this wasn't a total waste of time, I give you pictures! Here's a couple more pics that I took while on my recent trip. But these are a little different...

This is what happens when you knit dishcloths and send them to your grandmother! GOOD GOD, she wouldn't want to use them and "ruin them!" (a direct quote). So what is a good Italian Nana to do with said dishcloths?.....



Why, use them as dresser scarves for her religious icon statues, of course!! You might recognize this cute, spring-colored ballband from several months ago. I like what she's done with the color coordination, too....


And here's the poinsettia dishcloth with the bobble berries....



I'll bet the Blessed Virgin never had such a colorful display in any other Italian Nana's living room anywhere, any time! I love my Nana dearly. How cute is that?! BTW, she laughed really hard when I told her I wanted to take pictures of her creative uses for the dishcloths.

And just to complete the record, here's a picture of said cute Nana (age 88! and with no makeup, by the way...), and her equally cute husband, Papa Don (age 92!). They are both incredible and as you can see, the picture of health! I feel so lucky to have reached old decrepit-ness myself, and still have such a young, lively Nana to call my own!


As my Nana always tells me when she puts me in a prayer Novena (approximately weekly, since she's usually always worried about my sorry ass for some reason...), "Nana's prayers go straight upstairs!" Let's hope so.
Um, Nana, about that job I just got? Could you put in a good word? I really don't want to be fired in my second week on the job....I would put in something about annihilating this cold virus, but I guess that would be inappropriate....the killing and all...
I don't know about you, but I feel better already! She must have put me in the Novena this week, and I haven't even talked to her yet!
Love you, Nana! Have a happy, healthy week, everyone!