Monday, June 18, 2007

What a day.....

Here, my trusty assistant toe-cat will demonstrate how I am feeling this evening....



It has been a loooooonnnnng day! As life would have it, I came down with some sort of cruddy, mystery stomach-viral thing, so I was sick all day yesterday and all of last night....Nothing like being sick and no sleep to make that first day at the new job just hum along!

I did manage to drag my beaten-up ass to that new job today, but I was this close to being so sick and weak I couldn't make it. But us nurses are tough stock, and I made it through the day....barely....

Sorry, no knitting content today. Haven't been able to get near a knitting needle for a few days now, and the rest of the week's not lookin' so good either. It was a 12-hour day today, and the rest of the next five weeks will be about the same. Sigh.

Maybe I'll take a couple of my knitting projects with me to work tomorrow, and fondle them longingly under the desk in my training class. I don't know about you all, but I think this work thing really sucks and ought to be outlawed immediately. I tell you, it's enough to tempt me back into unemployment!

I proclaim unlimited knitting time for everyone, and screw the 12-hour work day and commute! You can tell your boss I said it was okay.

I'm going to drag myself to bed now. I hope I live.