Thursday, June 28, 2007

Apparently, I Rock!

At least that's what Kathleen, my dear friend at Quail Hill Knits has told me, to my great surprise and delight!! She has bestowed upon me a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award! At my age, I'm happy to think that I rock anything....! Thanks, Kathleen! You made my day, and I think you are pretty Rockin' yourself! I will display the award button with pride on my humble blog.



If you have never visited Kathleen's blog, I encourage you to do so. Her knitting is awe-inspiring, to say the least (she has some mad knitting skills), and she has a great wit that I truly enjoy! Stop over and say "hi" and tell her that I sent ya!

Part of my official duties are to now nominate five more Girl Bloggers who Rock. There are many I read often and enjoy (and Kathleen would be at the top of my list) but here are my five official Rockin' Girl Blogger nominations:

  1. My friend G-girl, over at Left-Handed Knitting. Her blog is happy and sunny, just like her! She is a teacher who knits lots of fun stuff and posts about her teaching life as well.
  2. My new friend from across the pond in Australia, Sue. Her blog is called My Ramblings, and she is my newest pal from the recent ISE4 swap. She is a Mum, a Grandmum, a nurse and a lightening-speed knitter. She also doubles as a nanny for some adorable feral kittens, who actually now suckle from her dog!! I don't know how she does it all!
  3. Kitty Mommy over at On The Needles. She is a mom to two adorable kids with another on the way. She has a great sense of humor and it's fun to read about her family adventures and knitting.
  4. Hakucho, at the blog of the same name. Not only is she a fellow "deb," but she is a fabulous and innovative knitter. She comes up with her own fun patterns, and invents lots of ways to modify others. I love to see the quality and quantity of her knitting!
  5. My friend, Deb (yes, another deb), at Village Yarn & Tea Shop, one of my favorite places to hang out. She is one of the owners of the store and blogs about yarn, tea and general silliness on their CommuKniTea blog. Not only is she a dear friend, but a warm, fun person with a great sense of humor.
And speaking of bloggers who rock, I really want to thank ALL of you who have left get-well wishes and fun messages on my blog recently! I appreciate the comments from each of you, all the time, but especially during this trying week. I'm still home sick today, BTW, even though I had hoped to be well enough to return to work today. Your messages have made being home sick a lot more pleasant. I love you all for stopping in, brightening my day and making me laugh!
You all rock! Hugs to all of you (germs removed, of course...)! And thanks again, Kathleen, for allowing me to rock something besides the tissue box and the cough syrup today!